The decor of a space is a reflection of one’s self and personality. With the dynamic nature of style and fashion, everybody wants to stay up-to-date with the progressing world. The material we want to introduce to our readers today speaks of many such qualities in its favour including Stylish, Sturdy and Lightweight, among others.
We are talking about ACP or Aluminium Composite Panel created by compounding a middle layer of non-aluminium core between the top and bottom layers of a thin sheet of aluminium.
However, as cities get rapidly urbanized, the concern for safety is growing. As they say, prevention is better than cure and thus the primary focus should on preventing a hazard from happening.
One such preventive measure in construction is the use of ACP that is fire resistant and hence remains crucial in the prevention of any fire accidents in buildings.
Eurobond, a leading ACP company in India, has made a significant contribution to the safety aspect by manufacturing quality fire retardant ACP that is both environment-friendly and cost-effective.
Now let’s look at why are fire retardant ACP necessary?
ACP first appeared as architectural features on buildings, but it is now common to see whole buildings covered. It is still mainly used for external architectural cladding, however applications of ACP are not limited to external classing, it is also used as partitions, false ceilings, etc. ACP is also widely used within the signage industry as an alternative to heavier, more expensive substrates.
ACP is a light-weight and weather-resistant material with excellent thermal, acoustic and mechanical properties. ACPs cost, durability, efficiency, flexibility, low weight, easy forming and processing enables innovative design, with increased rigidity and durability. The aluminium sheets can be painted in any colour, metallic or non-metallic as well as patterns that imitate other materials, such as wood or marble.
Also, they’re made with a fireproof core of plastic with two layers of aluminium over the plastic core. This gives them excellent resistance to fire and therefore they’re used in buildings that are made in high-risk areas.
It’s because of such remarkable versatility, ACP sheets are widely preferred by architectures and widely sold by various ACP sheet manufacturers.
Now, let’s look at some advantages of using fire-resistant ACP sheets:
- Fire retardant Aluminium Composite Panels have different thermal conductivity values and are poor conductors of thermal energy, meaning that they do not conduct heat very well. Hence prove to be very efficient in preventing any fire-related disaster.
- Fire retardant ACP panels are similar to any other sandwich panel regarding design. But the difference lies in the use of ‘Fire Retardant Core Material’ and the thickness of the external aluminium sheets.
All these superior physical characteristics of the panels make them an excellent option to give a beautiful finish to the exteriors and interiors of the building, all the while taking care of the safety aspect.
- Also, it has a very low spread of flame indices and thus will not contribute to the spread of flames. Therefore, this type of panel may be used on high rise buildings.
- These panels are simple to install and maintain and are easily recyclable and therefore, eco-friendly.
- Fire retardant ACPs are also weather and UV resistant
Fire-resistant Aluminium Composite Panels are one of the most efficient material options with an extensive number of usages. Today, they’re an important part of both interior and exterior decor of buildings such as hotels, hospitals, metro stations etc. thanks to the extensive safety options they render.
Hence, it is safe to say that fire retardant ACP sheets are the future of construction.